It’s FRIDAY! Which can only mean one thing…actually it could me a lot of things, but in this case it means it’s time for…
If you’re not familiar, Ask Away Friday is where bloggers can get to know each other a bit better by asking 10 extremely well thought out questions. 😉 For more information on the questioner, go check out their blog!
1. I’m currently reading Harry Potter (for the 1st time), which I know is your fav. We also both love the Twilight series and the Hunger Games series (who doesn’t?). So I have to know, how do you feel the HG movies are living up compared to the books?
Awesome question. I can’t help but get excited anytime I hear HP, Twilight or HG! (Also, I’m SO GLAD you’re reading HP!) I think the movies are AMAZING! I enjoyed the books more, however, they’ve done a super job keeping the movies in line with the books and the graphics just keep getting better! BTW, I’m team Gale even though I know Peeta is a better person. 😉
2. Speaking of great books, did you read Stephenie Meyers’ The Host? If so, what did you think?
I did not read The Host. 🙁 womp womp. I own it, in hard cover, and have picked it up to read no less than 5 times. I can’t ever get past the first chapter! I don’t know what’s wrong with me…should I read it? I wanted to see the movie too but couldn’t without reading the book first.
3. We’re big Jimmy Fallon fans at our house. How do you think he’s doing with The Tonight Show, and what’s your favorite new thing he brought with him?
In LOVE with his new show! So glad he got the spot! My favorite new thing would just have to be his new games. He hadn’t had any new celebrity games in a while so I’m glad to see a few new ones. My old favorites are Thank You Notes and Lip Sync Contest.
4. I have a niece named Sophia. I love that name. But for some reason we always call her something other than Sophia. Does your daughter have a ton of nicknames? What are they?
I’m glad you love that name! I NEVER call her Sophia and I knew I wouldn’t from the start. Her Daddy is the only person that calls her by her full name. I call her Soph mostly but I also call her Soph-a-loaf, Sister-girlfriend, Shnuks, Cheeks, Bird, Bean…really I could go on…I call her pretty much everything but her name!?
5. I must have read at least 3 posts on your blog about organizing. You seem to really have it together there. Is there anything that isn’t organized? (Bonus points for a *real* picture)
Oh goodness!! HAHA! This made me laugh. Thank you for assuming I’ve got it together around here! To some degree, I do, but to my standards only about 25% of the house is organized! I could show you tons of pictures but I’ll just do this snippet so you get a feel of my craziness. I love showing the good with the bad on my blog so I’m not afraid to dish this dirt.
6. I’m so jealous of your green thumb. Mine is black. So black. Which is unfortunate because our new home could really use some curb appeal! So what’s going into your garden this year?
I have a green thumb with VERY easy plants. I’ve killed at least as many as I’ve grown! We’ve spent a LOT of money on ‘learning’ how to garden. It’s really all about trial and error because it’s so hard to tell if a plant is for sure going to work in a space. This is the first year that I’m doing an actual food garden! I’ll be posting on it once it’s not 30 degrees outside. 😉 I’ll be planting tomatoes, green beans, onions, garlic, basil, strawberries and peppers. Who knows what new flowers I’ll be planting…I decide that by going to the nursery and looking at the tag.
7. You’re a fairly new blogger, what’s been the most surprising thing about blogging?
There are a lot of surprising things that I’ve learned so far!! The MOST surprising thing has been the amount of time that goes into, not only writing posts, (at least 2 hours) but learning how to do simple HTML code, photo editing programs and keeping organized. I’ve taken a few courses and have a pretty good tech background so it’s going pretty well so far! It’s also SUPER helpful to have such a sweet and helpful blogging community that I can bother for info!
8. Do you have any tips for anyone thinking about starting a blog?
Take a photography class or teach yourself. That’s what I’m working on next! We’re in a visual world. With Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram we expect beautiful pictures or we won’t click. We were given a very nice camera for our wedding and I have been taught by my photographer father as well as taken a college course but I STILL can’t get the pictures exactly how I see them in my head.
9. You’re a crafty gal (me, too!). What’s your most favorite crafting material, and your favorite crafting tool?
I wish we lived closer so we could have crafting days!! My favorite crafting material would have to be GLITTER! I know, most people hate it, but I just can’t get enough sparkle. My favorite crafting tool would have to be my Cricut. I only say that because it’s the project I’m working on learning more about right now! Last week it would have been my sewing machine because I’m making my first quilt. I tend to change crafts daily.
10. Quick! What’s under your bed right now? Probably nothing since you’re so organized, but I had to ask…I ask everyone. By the way, bonus points again for a *real* picture!
It is not empty! It’s full of scrapbooks and my easel! Not too messy just very full! It’s a modern bed so it’s super low to the ground (about 4 inches) so the picture would literally be a scrapbook. 😉
Bonus Question!!! Totally optional, but again, I give this to everyone. Answer ONE question that you asked me. I’m sure that you have a list for miles on proud moments of
Bryson Sophie, but what is your proudest moment of your husband? I’m proud of Jeffrey on a daily basis. It’s hard for me not to brag about him to people because he’s just awesome. 🙂 The thing I’m most proud of him for is how well he’s transitioning into being a Dad. I never doubted him because I’ve seen how he is with our niece but it puts a smile on my face just to think of how sweet he is with our Soph. He wants to hug her and talk to her as soon as he gets in the door from work. He does the 5a feedings, the 9p feeding, plays with her, reads to her and puts her to bed every day. Geez…do I do anything with her… 😉 K end brag. <3
That was fun! I love questionaires and Heather did a great job with her questions! I’m going to have to step up my game. Anyone else think that I have a completely organized home? (That one threw me off.) Who else is Team Gale?