I was invited to the sneak peek media event at IKEA Fishers that will be opening October 11th. I’ve been to the Schaumburg, IL, Bolingbrook, IL and West Chester, OH locations and am happy to report that the Fishers IKEA has it all! With the convenience of it being a one story building, I was worried they would not have all of the various departments the larger stores contain. Thankfully, the new Ikea (6 minutes from my home) has it all!
IKEA Fishers Opening
Fishers, IN, October 4, 2017 – IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings retailer, today announced that when its Indianapolis-area store opens on October 11 in Fishers, Indiana, it will recognize loyal, enthusiastic customers by giving away thousands of dollars in gift cards and merchandise – including an iconic EKTORP sofa for each of the first 45 adults in line, and a POANG armchair for the next 100. Other highlights include a free mattress for the first 45 adults on Thursday, October 12 and a free 4-piece cookware set for the first 45 on Friday, October 13. Customers may begin lining up at 9 a.m. EDT on Monday, October 9 – 48 hours before the store’s opening at 9 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, October 11. Fishers, IN Mayor Scott Fadness, IKEA U.S. president Lars Petersson and store manager Holly Davidson will officially open the store.
IKEA Fishers is the Swedish company’s first store and restaurant destination in Indiana, 45th in the United States, and 408th worldwide. The 289,000-square-foot future IKEA Fishers, with its 1,000 parking spaces, was built on 35 acres along the eastern side of Interstate 69, just south of the E. 116th Street exit. The store reflects the unique architectural design for which IKEA is known worldwide, and includes one of Indiana’s largest solar rooftops, consistent with the solar presence at 90% of IKEA U.S. locations – as well as three electric vehicle charging stations.
The October 11 ceremony also will include State Representative Todd Huston raising the U.S. flag, Honorary Swedish Vice Consul Anna Engstrom Patel raising the Swedish flag and State Senator Victoria Spartz raising the state flag of Indiana. Individual store coworkers will sing the respective American and Swedish national anthems, and “America the Beautiful” prior to the opening remarks. Entertainment for customers waiting in line will begin at 6 a.m. EDT on opening day. “Just as the IKEA store concept will introduce a new way of shopping for the home, we want customers waiting in line to visit our store to enjoy the unique experience too,” said Holly Davidson, IKEA Fishers store manager. Store visitors will have opportunities to enjoy benefits from the grand opening of IKEA Fishers, including:
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Rest Assured – The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our 45th U.S. store.
- Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
- For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
- Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
- Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 that their birthday is the same as the store’s will receive a gift card in the amount of $45, a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Fishers as the 45th U.S. IKEA store.
- Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From October 11 through October 15, 2017, visitors to IKEA Fishers may enter for a chance to win one of twenty $250 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching twice the amount of the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a donation of home furnishings to Dayspring Center, a local organization that meets the basic needs of homeless families seeking assistance and helps them realize their potential.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Sleep Like Royalty – The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Thursday, October 12, 2017 will receive a free queen-sized HAUGESUND mattress.
- Cozy Comfort – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Thursday, October 12, 2017 will receive a free ALINA “sleep set” that includes bedspread and cushion covers.
- Kids’ Best Friend – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Fishers on October 12, 2017 will receive a free GOSIG golden dog soft toy.
Friday, October 13, 2017
- Cook Like a Pro – The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a free 4-piece SENSUELL cookware set.
- Meatballs for a Year – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a voucher for 12 monthly meatball meals for two at IKEA Fishers’ Restaurant through next year, expiring on October 31, 2018.
- A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at IKEA Fishers’ Exit Bistro.
Wednesday, October 11 – Sunday, October 15, 2017
- Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Fishers from October 11 through October 15, 2017.
ADDITIONAL OFFERS AT IKEA FISHERS
IKEA Fishers is a fun day out for the family with:
- Småland, a supervised children’s play area (for children 37”-54” in height) that replicates the look of a typical Swedish farmhouse and forest;
- Additional play areas throughout the store, offering activities for kids shopping with parents;
- A “Children’s IKEA” area in the Showroom that also offers fun, interactive play; and
- Attention-to-detail amenities such as family-friendly parking, strollers and baby care rooms.
No shopping on an empty stomach at IKEA Fishers because:
- The IKEA Restaurant opens 30 minutes earlier than the store for a full hot breakfast, including scrambled eggs, potatoes, turkey sausage and Swedish pancakes for only $2.00.
- The 325-seat restaurant also offers a diverse menu featuring lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert, including Swedish specialties such as the popular IKEA Swedish meatballs (as well as chicken or veggie versions), seafood plates, pasta, chicken, salads, sandwiches, and vegetarian dishes too.
- Menu choices for kids include a child’s portion of Swedish meatballs, chicken fingers or macaroni and cheese, while baby food and bibs are available for even younger visitors.
- The Swedish Food Market offers Swedish delicacies, snacks and treats, and frozen Swedish meatballs (the same ones available in the Restaurant) to purchase and then prepare at home.
- The Exit Bistro serves hot dogs, pizza, cinnamon buns, frozen yogurt, sundaes and beverages.
IKEA Fishers shopping conveniences include:
- Free design appointments with a furnishings consultant;
- IKEA catalogs, measuring tape, pencils, store maps, yellow shopping bags and 3 types of carts;
- Same-day shopping satisfaction with products in easy-to-transport flat-pack boxes that benefit the customer and the environment;
- 15 checkout lanes to ensure efficient customer purchasing;
- Warehouse picking, home-delivery, assembly, and kitchen planning and installation services; and
- 2018 IKEA Catalogs, focused on how food-related activities help bring people together through everyday life in and around the kitchen.
When IKEA Fishers opens, there will be 408 IKEA stores in 49 countries, including 45 in the U.S. Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. IKEA has been included in rankings of “Best Companies to Work For” and strives to be an employer of choice. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com,@IKEAUSA, @IKEAUSANews, or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.