No Bake Mulberry Cheesecake is my new favorite summer treat. Each year I make a mulberry dessert with the berries I’ve harvested. It all started with my childhood summer nights. My sister and I would ride our bikes along the cornfield to this area of trees that lined the road. The gravel road was speckled in purple polka-dots from the fallen berries. We would stand there and eat handfuls at a time, leaving our hands and faces stained purple. Once full, we’d head out to the field to chase fireflies. It was the best.
Each summer I relive those childhood summer memories once I see the mulberries turning dark. Now that I have a child of my own, I want to share those memories with her and begin new memories. She helped me pick (but mostly eat) the mulberries I used for this quick no bake mulberry cheesecake.
No Bake Mulberry Cheesecake
Crust: store bought graham cracker crust or you can make it homemade using this recipe from Crazy for Crust.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature (but not warm)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 ounces) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl with an electric handheld mixer (or stand mixer), mix the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth and light, 2-3 minutes. Add the sour cream and whipping cream and mix until very thick and creamy, 4-5 minutes.
- Spread the filling evenly into the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Serve with blueberries or mulberries on top. I didn’t pick enough mulberries so I had to mix in some blueberries.
TIP: You can also mix the berries into the cheesecake. I also like throwing all the berries in a container with 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar overnight to let them macerate turning them into a fruity syrup you can then drizzle on top.
For more awesome summer dessert recipes, follow my Desserts + Drinks board on Pinterest: